Muga White 2018

GRAPES

Viura 90%, malvasía and garnacha blanca the remaining 10%.
The Viura grapes come from old vines providing a good base to which the combination with the garnacha blanca and malvasía varieties brings greater complexity and harmony. Viura 90%, malvasía and garnacha blanca the remaining 10%. The Viura grapes come from old vines providing a good base to which the combination with the garnacha blanca and malvasía varieties brings greater complexity and harmony.

SOIL

Calcareous clay and alluvial

VINIFICATION

The must was macerated with the skins for 8 hours in the press. It then fermented in new, “Nevers” French-oak barrels. Once fermentation was complete, it was left for a further three months in contact with its fine lees, with stirring, or bâtonage, twice per week.

TASTING

Pale yellow in colour with greenish glints denoting its youthfulness and freshness.

A clean nose with intense, complex aromas of white blossom, American lime citrus notes and slight toasted nuances coming through from the oak.
On the palate, it can be defined as a fresh wine with good acidity, a silky texture and reminders of fruit such as pears.

A perfect match for vegetable dishes, rice, fish and tapas.